View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Cybrarian

After reading the threads on class disappointments I am so thankful for my LQS. I have taken several classes and only had one where the instructor could do but not teach. The owners contacted everyone after the first class, apologized profusely, replaced the teacher, added a session and had the new teacher start from the beginning. Their class descriptions state very clearly the level of ability needed to be successful including statements such as "not for beginning sewers or quilters", "confident ability with (whatever) technique needed" etc. they also give a 10% discount for anything purchased for a class but you are not required to purchase from them unless it is a kit class then the kit is a part of the class fee. It's a great place to learn. I also really get so much from my Craftsy classes and there are some amazing free instructional videos from great online teachers like Leah Day, Deb Tucker, Sharon Schambers, the Missouri Quilt Co. Ladies. Don't give up keep seeking those great learning opportunities.