View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by tjradj View Post
I have a favourite Quilting "go to " book, but due to over use, it started falling apart. I was devastated.
Then the light bulb went off.
I took it to my local "Staples" office supply store and asked if they could rebind it. They could!! They could rebind it with a spiral binding and it cost less than $10.
I should have done it ages ago. Now it stays open when I'm using it!
Next time I get a new book that isn't already spiral bound, I may just take it in and have it done right away.

You might also consider using the plastic protective sheets, that way you could put one page in and see it on either side. I used tons of them for my curriculum notebooks when teaching and since I bought them myself, I brought them all home with me when I retired. I put all of my quilting patterns that are printed off and not in a book in them. I had enough to make 3- FULL 3" 3ring binder cookbooks for my two children and a niece for Christmas one year. You can buy a box of about 200 I think it is for $9.00 at Sams, or buy them in pkgs of 25 or 50 at WalMart or at any Office Supply. I always tried to get the 50 pkg. and many times there were specials with extras in them. The ones I prefer are the non glare, and the ones I get at WalMart are made by Avery. They are handy for so many things. The holes for a 3 ring binder are already punched in them. You can put them in a binder or get the rings that are often used for key rings that snap together and use them either way, you can easily flip the pages and keep the page open to wherever you want.

Last edited by Gerbie; 07-18-2012 at 08:20 PM.