Old 07-18-2012, 10:03 PM
w7sue

I have had my Gammill for a year now, I have spent about 25 hours using it (I had a broken arm for the first six months I owned it and really couldn't use it much). I get better every day - the biggest problem I am having is tension - if I go too fast in the curves my thread doesn't lie flat on the back side - still haven't figured this out. I have been doing quite a few quilts for charity and the group I have been doing them for keeps giving them to me and they have been happy with the job I have been doing. I really believe I am more critical of the project than they are. I am working on one now that is giving me fits -

I also find it difficult to decide what to quilt on them. I had never done any of my own quilts - always sent them out for quilting so I didn't even know how to meander - getting much better at that. I have some pantographs and have tried some of them but am not sure I like them as much as I like doing freehand.

I just bought a set of "Red Snappers" and am anxious to try them out. I have to finish the quilt that is currently onthe machine before I can try them. I am thinking about taking them to the coast with me when I go so a friend there can try them too. They came highly recommended - they will replace the need to pin the quilts onto the leaders on the machine - this is the part I really dread doing since I hate getting stuck by the straight pins - lol

I am looking forward to going to the Longarm Convention in Portland, OR in October - will try to take a few classes - thinking about trying to set up a small business with it - not sure though, may just like to stay personal and do for myself, friends and charity.