Old 07-19-2012, 01:44 AM
miriam
Power Poster

"The new Singer model 15's are ok, some like them, some don't. Go for a vintage model 15 instead. You get better value and a bit of nostalgia for your money. I don't think Billy ever got into selling them, and you're better off to buy locally anyway, in a transaction that you don't have to pay shipping on." Charlee

I would agree. I've seen some old ones in practically new condition - just needed a tune up & I've seen some pretty beat. I guess old is a relative term - I guess she means as opposed to something recently manufactured. I like them all - the old black ones and the 'newer' ones that look like the radio of an old Chevy. I love these and pick them up if they are in my price range. I clean them up and put them on CL. They are easy to put new wires on and a good idea. Wires, foot control and light can be bought new from Sew-Classic - the machine will be like new then. When Glenn comes we are going to put some new wires on. Many of mine have bad wires. They get brittle and crumble. Especially watch the wires. I have also seen many with perfectly good wires. To replace the wires all you do is buy a new set and a motor, undo the old motor, and put the new one on where the old one was, replace the belt and away you go. I will be choosing to attach new cord wires onto the motors.

Last edited by miriam; 07-19-2012 at 01:52 AM.