View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 06:43 AM
Eyelets

I wait for a good deal. It is worth it. Since I don't embroider and don't ever want to, I bought a Viking Platinum several years ago at the end of its model run, and I love it - that's for regular sewing. Then I fell in love with free motion quilting. I wanted a longer harp, and a knee lift. I don't need a lot of glitz, so I finally waited until I came across a very good deal on a Janome 6300. Wonderful machine, get's not much notice because of its glitzy sibling, the 6600, and even the 6500 has more stitches, etc. I bought the 6300 knowing it hasn't got mirroring or a stop/start button, but those I have on the Viking, plus all the stitches. The Janome 6300 is a terrific machine - easy to use and very strong. Sews at 1000 stitches per minute if you want to do that, and yet has the speed control setting as well, which I use because otherwise I *WILL* got too fast. Take a look at this machine _ bought mine online because dealers usually prefer to sell you more expensive machines, or they have basic machines, and not much in the middle. You needn't spend much to do quilting - a basic mechanical machine will do it as well as an expensive machine, but you do have to always work with tension and when you have the settings right - write it down! Include the thread type, the tension settings and foot pressure setting if you have that feature. Good luck.