View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Jenniky

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Would you like to see ??

This is a project I finished this winter. I recognize it's a little different subject matter, and certainly not one for everyone to like.

I started with a photo, enlarged it on a photocopier and drew a 1" grid on it. All the pieces in the pieced version are 1" finished, though each of those might have had several seams if the colours landed that way.

I took it to be stretched as after all this work, I didn't want to learn on this one, and risk ruining it! It's about 24"x27".

For comparison, I'm posting both the original photo and my pieced work.

Official Portrait Photo
[ATTACH=CONFIG]180811[/ATTACH]

My Pieced Portrait Version
[ATTACH=CONFIG]180812[/ATTACH]

QuiltE- I like the idea of being an adopted Canuck. This Cow is wonderful. What inspired you to make this particular cow. Was it for a special display like your table runners you were talking about? You have me so curious what you do for a living..LOL I suppose some day I will get around to asking you. Hint Hint. Um well maybe I just did in a round about way. So far the clues are.... you drive around in a truck alot. You have something to do with displays. So far Im thinking some kind of sales.. maybe antiques?

Here is a drawing of Mikey's girlfriend. Her name is Celia she is a gorgan-like monster. The next character Im going to draw is the Monster called James P. Sullivan aka Sully He is a large blue furry guy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350129[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails bom-qayg-013.jpg