View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 01:05 PM
Havplenty

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
I was on the receiving end of a cancer cuddle quilt from Bonnie Hunter's on-line mystery quilt group, totally knocked my socks off with surprise. They have done several others and always use this heart pattern which is sewn in two half units, but choose different colorways. One was batiks, one was pastels, etc. So as a suggestion, hearts are always good

I have pink ribbon pins on all my sweaters, I blinged 'em up with rhinestones though.
And I'm looking for a Singer 91 clone in pink.
Wouldn't have been caught dead in pink before. I'll probably grow out of it, but for now I find the ribbons comforting.
wonderful quilt. what a way to dress it up your pink ribbons..... with bling. i like your attitude. the cancer ribbons are to show support and to celebrate being a survivor. i also have red dress pins to show support for women's heart health. never thought to bling them out. i will need to look into that. btw, do you mean a singer 15 pink clone? i am not familiar with a singer 91 clone. i do have a real singer that you can have and paint it pink. lol

it is interesting to see what others are saying about cancer ribbons. not one person has mentioned that the cancer ribbons can represent being a survivor or a way for a family member or friend to show support but many are saying it just reminds them they have the disease. i know for sure there are more prevalent things that can remind a survivor that they have this disease than a small colored ribbon (not just pink ribbons either). i am finding this fascinating that sentiments are focusing on something more negative with cancer ribbons than focusing on the positive of this symbol, being a survivor.

the glass really is half full to some and half empty to others. i'm so glad i see the half full image.

Last edited by Havplenty; 07-19-2012 at 01:12 PM.