View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nursie76
Bitsy is one beautiful baby! My husband and I had a dachshund/beagle mix that looked so much like her, except Brittany was colored more like the dachshund part. But her body, head, and the eyes, ohhhh those eyes were just the same. Poor little girl, abandoned and hungry, bless you for taking her in.

We live in a rural area and have problems with people dumping pets. Right now I have a mama cat and her 4 kittens living in my shed. She showed up over Labor Day. She was soooo thin, so I fed her. The second day, my husband and I thought we heard a tiny mewl and thought oh oh a kitten. Then when she was fed for a couple days, she started showing that she had milk, but never heard the kittens again. Every time I fed her it seemed one of her teats was damp, so I was almost sure she had at least one kitten. Well, yesterday, just before we left to come to Rochester, NY to visit my son, I was at work and DH was looking for something in the shed and found 4 adorable kittens! Oh dear!!!! What am I going to do? Already have 2 indoor cats. I can't keep them all, but have bonded with mama cat (a calico, I named Patches) and fallen in love with one of the kittens. My grandson is in love with another that he has named Clyde, but that leaves two. I wish pet owners would be responsible and get their pets spayed or neutered whenever possible! Our local SPCA has a spay/neuter program for low income families.

Anyway, enjoy your new soul mates!
My Ginger, (cat) is the mama of four kittens that dear daughter, kept two, and found homes for two.
The problem here, is the pound charges ppl to bring animals in. PPL don't want to pay money for animals that are not theirs.
I don't know about other states, but it is illegal to 'dump' animals here, in Florida. I always get my pets fixed.
We need a program like you have, that would cut costs for those that can't afford more. Wait till grbaby finds out, Nana has four pets now! :D