View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 07:08 PM
dluttrell2

Hey Everyone...Deb Luttrell, Stitchin' Heaven in Quitman here. I am the founder, facilitator, fanatical person about Quilt Across Texas and I would love to answer your questions. Benefits? Buying fabric from some great quilt shops is definitely on the top of the list but it is much more. QAT is a way to celebrate quilting in Texas and also a great way to see our fine state. Many people have not traveled to all of the regions represented and it is a great excuse to have a goal that includes seeing some of our country. Not to mention, over $45K in prizes this year from 93 shops! That is amazing! This is the largest quilt shop hop in the world! There will be scratch off cards this year at each shop where you can be an instant winner and if you did not win you can submit your tickets to QAT Headquarters and be entered in a drawing for a bonus prize. All of the shops are working very hard to be sure your experience is fun and entertaining. We realize that gas prices are at a premium (although we saw some at $2.92 this month!) and we want to be sure you don't feel like you wasted your money. The passports are out (get yours at any participating shop) and are $5 each with a $5 coupon inside. These booklets are great to hold as a reference once the event is over. There is even a QAT iPhone/Droid/Blackberry app which is wonderful and will really help you get around. All shops are committing to 9-6 Monday-Saturday and many will have extended hours on Sunday. So, I would love to see you in Quitman! You don't have to do all the regions - you can do one region and qualify for prizes. Please let me know if you have other questions...