Thread: Binding
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Silver Needle

Question

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Have you seen this binding tutorial? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PE0Yq9iGlc It makes binding downright easy!
Thanks for the pics they show the problem clearly. The solution is the purchase of Clover Wonder Clips.

Begin by following the link above suggested in an earlier post using 2 1/2" binding. Do not skip the pressing step.

Sit down with your quilt in your lap right side fold the binding to the back (quilt still right side up). Take a Wonder Clip red side facing right side of quilt and clip it on. Make sure the very first ridge of the Wonder Clip is just off the binding but snugged right up to it.

Look on the back side. Just a little bit of the binding should extend past the end of the clip (1/16 - 1/8 inch). When you stitch in the ditch from the right side you will catch the binding on the back side. I only place my clips about
3 inches apart so I do a lot of starting and stopping NEEDLE DOWN to remove clips. I arrange the corner folds and put the clip on at a 45 degree angle to hold it. When I have to remove the clip I press down gently with a tailors awl to hold everything in place. Sorry your having problems . I always hand stitched mine until I found this method