Thread: WIP
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 08:38 AM
k_jupiter

Originally Posted by june6995
As I see them (with old jaded eyes) I see Pinwheels. They are the same as when made with Triangle Half Squares. Why do I say that? I have made 3 quilts using Trangle Half Squares so I have looked at enough of them to recognize them.

I want to add Flying Geese to a quilt border and feel intimidated by making them the "traditional" way. (if there is a Traditional mehod)

If they were arranged in a different way, they would look more like Flying Geese, but I have never seen Flying Geese in this "formation." Sorry, not meant as criticism, just a clarification for the way I view these photos.
Ah, very good, Old Jaded Eyes... Half the squares (8) are just these pinwheels. the other half will have formations of four flying geese where the large rectangles are in these squares. I have a lot more work ahead of me! There is a border with more triangle half squares in the same fabrics. As I work on these squares, the remainder triangle that I cut off are sewn together and will make the THS for said border.

You will notice, there are two different fabrics for the pinwheel parts. red and blue. In whole, these fabrics are very 'angry'. Cut and placed into this context, it seems the anger has gone away and leaves just the energy.

tim in san jose