View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 08:43 PM
madamepurl

Unhappy Another Pressing Questions - Shine spot.

So I have 7 different irons in this house. Husband keeps looking at them and shaking his head. One more and I may get committed. The reason: shiny thick points. So let's say you put a 4 patch together - the middle seam has a think point. Sometimes I'm getting a shine spot there. I've tried with and without steam - doesn't seem to matter. Turning the iron very low all the way to the cotton setting - again no difference. With and with out various starches and Best Press - also didn't matter. I'm pressing not ironing. I pick up and put down. Same problem on the thicker spot.

Grrr... Made myself a big board, which resides on a table. Tried a regular ironing board and my portable June Tailor board same issues, so I don't think it's the board. I know I'm being very picky. You won't be able to see most of these little spots from a galloping horse, but still... it just bugs me. Any ideas why I'm getting that slight spot? Anyone else getting that little spot? OK, so I know I must be "melting" it, but how do I get it to stop?

I've got one block for a sampler quilt in the pictures that had to be put together on the bias and I used a light red and it shined up horrible. The ladies at the quilt shop said - just leave it... you won't notice when it's quilted, but you know it bugs the heck out of me.
Attached Thumbnails 2012-07-19-23.31.14.jpg   2012-07-19-23.31.36.jpg