Thread: Viking 6430
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 05:23 AM
totosmom

The cams? Oh yeah, they go in the back. Here's what the operating manual for the 6570 says (parentheses are mine):

"Changing the stitch programmer. Set the white dot on the stitch selector (top left dial) opposite the indicator dot (it's white, so you line up the white dot on the dial with the white dot on the machine), as shown at the left (of the manual), and take out the programmer at the back of the machine and replace it with the one you wish to use. After having placed the programmer in position, press in and at the same time, turn it until you can feel that it is engaged."

Looking at your machine, it looks like the dots on your machine are red, so you'll probably have to line up the red dot with a dot on the top left dial. But, honestly, it's best to get the manual first, so that you can get model specific instructions. I wouldn't want you to damage it. Once you sign up with the Yahoo group, the moderator will send you a free digital copy of the manual once you request it of him by email. I think I sent him a little zip drive.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted!

Last edited by totosmom; 07-20-2012 at 05:24 AM. Reason: typo