Old 07-20-2012, 08:14 AM
Sierra

I just read the first 6 pages of responses and I don't know whether to run away from this thread of idiots or be glad that I'm apparently "normal for a quilter". Let's see, (1) On the USA quilt I made last year I just got the state badges put on the states where our boys' choir school has sung, (2) the (sort of) French braid for my neice and newphew is coming along (have to work on it to free my quilt wall), (3) the material for the lap robe for a teacher friend has just arrived and that needs to be done yesterday!, (4) Got the dragon that DGS designed for his quilt enlarged to 5' and the fabrics he chose are all pilled together waiting....), (5) the front of SIL's "African" quilt is all done but I told him he has to come up to get it (he likes to work holidays because it is extra pay) so it's on the back burner, and (6 and 7?) there are those two quilts sent back to me to try to repair the damage the new puppy did, and (8) is a landscape and another fixer because someone saw a witches face in it!

Like many quilters I find that often quilts have to perculate for a while before I can move on them again. One of my first quilts was a water color quilt that was done in 1" squares. I could only work on that one so much before I coudn't see it any more! It took my almost 3 years to complete and I did several other quilts during that time.

Are we all insane? Or are we devilishly clever?

Last edited by Sierra; 07-20-2012 at 08:18 AM.