View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 11:03 AM
CindyA

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350305[/ATTACH]
This scrappy heart quilt was one of my first quilts. Yes, I HAD to go out in a snowstorm to buy scraps to make it. I hand quilted it and it's well-worn and soft!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350306[/ATTACH]
This star-flower quilt was another early quilt, although it was many years in the making. I started out with the intention of have star blocks alternating with plain blocks. I knew I'd never finish at the rate I was working when lo' and behold my quilt magazine arrived and this was on the cover! I appliqued stems, leaves and quilted it in sections, then joined it all together. I machine quilted the heck out of it but still managed not to get the batting secured well enough. If I hold it up to the light I can see through it and see where the batting is not joined (just 2 layers of fabric).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350307[/ATTACH]
This is one of my favorite quilts. I used 6" newspaper as a foundation. 6" because it was a convenient size to cut the newspaper and newspaper because I'd seen it on Alex Anderson's show. I used my own scraps as well as from friends at quilt retreats.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350308[/ATTACH]
This was definitely an attempt at stash busting. I really like it, although the colors aren't looking nearly as nice here on the screen. There is no white, that's a light green. It was an easy size to cut. I didn't even make a dent in my stash!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350310[/ATTACH]
This is the back of the green and blue bricks quilt. Used some more of my blues.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350311[/ATTACH]
Since my first stash buster didn't make a dent, I used some more of the blues for a Turning Twenty. The back of this is pieced also.
Attached Thumbnails pieced-hearts-quilt.jpg   star-flower-quilt.jpg   string-quilt.jpg   blue-green-bricks-quilt.jpg   back-blue-green-bricks.jpg  

turning-twenty-quilt.jpg