View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 03:19 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

if you can get a (legitimate) loan from your bank to cover all of your bills- so you then have one payment to pay every month it can be a good way to go sometimes- but you need to really be (self-controlled) and not start any new debt- cut up the credit cards- cut back on everything- and make your payment on time every month-
i had to get a consolidation loan when i had unexpected medical expenses, the car needed extensive repairs & things started piling up- i sat down with my bank loan officer with all of my bills- we rolled everything into one affordable loan- so i paid off everything- and had that one payment (which was about 1/3 of what my regular payments had been) bought absolutely nothing on credit- no new bills
there are some (expensive) and dishonest agencies out there that offer debt consolidation but i recommend going to your bank- then you only pay interest- not hidden fees...and you have the control to make sure the bills are paid off- sometimes those (agencies) don't pay them like they should.