Old 07-20-2012, 07:01 PM
aborning

Originally Posted by jobago View Post
I am looking into purchasing the HQ Sweet 16 with table and possibly the Tru Stitch Regulator Option. I have not yet seen a demo but will do so in the next week. There is a dealer about 40 miles from me and they have one demo model. I have some experience with FMQ with my Pfaff Creative Vision and although I manage to get through it, it is always a chore with a large quilt even though the throat is a pretty good size. Can anyone tell me if it is really that much better than using a domestic machine, particularly with bed size quilts? Also, are they standard priced or is it possible to find discounts (reg price $5200 and $6200 with Tru Stitch) and if so where. How about maintenance - have you had many problems or is it a work horse? I really appreciate any input as I am walking in the dark with this one. I'm in the northeast USA.
Jobago
I just replied but I think I misunderstood which machine you are looking at. Are you talking about the HQ sweet sixteen Sit Down? If you are, I would say go for it. That is what I wa originally going to buy because I figured there was no way my husband was going to let me buy tHQ sweet sixteen he long arm and frame set up---well I now own a long arm and frame set up. But I loved the HQ Sweet Sixteen Sit Down when I first tried one and I know if I ever get to the point where I get rid of my long arm and frame set up, I would buy the HQ Sweet Sixteen Sit Down in a heartbeat (even though I currently own an APQS long arm and they also make a sit down. I just really like the HQ Sit Down. Just a couple weeks ago I recommended it to my sister-n-aw because she does lots of piecing but has not room for a long arm and frame set up. So I told her she should consider getting the HQ Sit Down. Good lick with you choice.