Thread: Quirky Habits
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 07:12 PM
burchquilts

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie View Post
Finally!!! Someone who "collects" boxes. I just have this overwhelming urge to keep a box that looks stable and usable for mailing, putting things in for storage. I don't just confine this to things coming in the house or through the grocery store. I do it when I'm out and about. I travel from school to school for my job. The cafeterias are always putting out good boxes. I take the oddest routes into the school just so I can pass by the cafeteria! Then there's the teacher's work room. There's wonderful Home Depot & copy paper boxes.

One day I found a couple of great copy paper boxes at a school. I didn't want to carry them with me to see my students, I just hurried outside and put it on the hood of my car. I figured that being on the hood, it would keep people from taking it. Well, I come outside after I finish and the two boxes are gone!!! Who would do a dirty thing like that?

I have finally imposed a limit on how many boxes I can have in the garage. If they can fold down, there's no limit because they really don't take up space. I have a very large box in the garage. I limit myself to just filling that box with boxes and no more! You should see how I meticulously put boxes inside boxes to make more room for boxes!
Not only will I pilfer them, I make my DH do it, too. I like to store my stash in paper boxes (y'know what I mean... what copy paper comes in) & since I don't work anymore, I have him bring them home for me. I'm sure his co-workers think he's some kind of nut-job hoarder, but that's the price of love... LOL!