View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 08:41 PM
kensington

I did make my own. I looked at all of them in this swap, and a few I found online, then put the things I liked the best into one. It has four pockets, one is the shape and size for a thimble, one for needles, one for a seam ripper or small zissors, one longer for a acrylic board or buttons, and then I put in the ribbob for a slender spool of thread and the felt pages for pins. I made it a rectangle, but when I cut the end at an angle for the flap, it made a thimble pocket. I used a button and ribbon wrapped around for the closure.

They are 12x7 over all before sewing, but when finished and trifolded they are about 6x3 1/2. I used ultra thin batting in side for padding. They are just right to throw in a purse or a suitcase and have all you need to mend or repair something as you go! I just need to get the threads, bobbins and needles for the pockets.

I've made four since yesterday when I made that first blue set for myself. LOL. I'm going to make the pin cushions to match and give the sets for Christmas gifts.

Last edited by kensington; 07-20-2012 at 08:45 PM.