Old 01-27-2008, 04:30 AM
barnbum

sandpat--that sliver of green belongs to the barn quilt pictured below. :D I'm in the process of making the 32 log cabin squares for the border. The steps of its making are in the picture section somewhere....

annmarie--I love making log cabins. The easiet way to make them is to use the strip method where one strip is added to the square at a time as it's built. It all started with the "Talk-About" quilt. (picture below) That's a small quilt I designed for educational purposes. It teaches colors, shapes, and vocab development. When I made the decision to make a lot--I needed lots and lots of strips available. (I made 14, and sold 10.) I can't remember where I saw the ladder idea, but it was a perfect solution. My son was in 5th grade when he started a bike business, then he added antiques about 4 years later. We visited many antique stores during that time--I bet I saw the idea on one of our summer antique shop hops. :D The wavy log cabin I made is scrappy, and boy oh boy did I need a lot of strips for that baby. (picture below) I am very very organized about anything that appears random and I need many colors to choose from when I make stuff like that. :roll:

And that is why I need ladders for stips!
:wink:

Attached Thumbnails attachment-50787.jpe   attachment-50989.jpe   attachment-51027.jpe