View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 09:41 AM
Dolphyngyrl

Originally Posted by Lois-nounoe View Post
Being on social security our local Humane Society has a plan that only cost us $5 for our male and $10 for our little female. The vet that we used doesn't like to do them until they are 6 months old. I agree with that since they can have issues if not fully developed when spayed or neutered. Fortunately the big male that is now lliving under our house has been done. He is fed twice a day like our other outside animals and is very friendly. I have 3 indoors only cats and a small house so I sure would like him to go home. If not he is welcome as long as he behaves himself. We have had skunks that lived under the house years ago and were no problem I just didn't feed THEM ! LOL
wE FIX HUNDREDS AT THE SHELTER AS YOUNG AS 2 MONTHS AND HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS, CATS CAN GO INTO THE HEAT CYCLE AS YOUNG AS 3 MONTHS OLD(MY CAT DID), fixing them before their first heat cycle reduces the chance of cancer so I don't know who told you to wait until they are six months old. There is actually a veterinary paper stating there are no links to fixing them young and problems, so whoevers telling you that needs to do their homework. We just had someone call about that the other day and the shelter vet gave them the name of the paper and study