Thread: Bear Paw block
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 11:31 AM
QuiltingCrazie

Default Bear Paw block

I'm posting this because my brain is not functioning tonight. I want to do a bear claw quilt, I have bought the material and have the pattern I want ( it's a picture I found on a site selling mass produced quilts and I fell in love with how they did it ) So I had bookmarked a free pattern online and low and behold it's got a major error! I did a test block because it didn't seam to add up in my head. I bought a layer cake and jelly roll for this quilt The claws and background I want to do from the jelly roll so HST from 2 1/2 inch squares equals 3 1/2" units finished and need them attached to a 3 1/2" block for the paw.......Now the part that I keep confusing myself What size is the center block (the center block in the middle of the four paws) 1 3/4" square? To follow the original pattern flow???
The block I'm following should have said 2 7/8" squares not 2 1/2" so I'm adjusting to use this jelly roll that I already bought. The center square for that one says 2 1/2" square but who knows if that's right???
http://www.simplicity.com/t-free-qui...rth-Quilt.aspx <------- Free pattern

Thanks for the help, just trying not to cut before I'm sure!!