View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Quilting Nonnie

Here's a few of my favorite blocks I made for the BOM swap here on the board.

The first one is about where I grew up: Carmel, California. The picture on top right is the famous Lone Cyprus on the Seventeen-Mile-Drive where Pebble Beach is. The one that is middle left is about the Sand Castle contests they had on Carmel Beach. The picture on the bottom left is California's First Theater in Monterey, California. Monterey was the first capital of California. While I lived there, they still performed old-style melodramas, along with hissing and booing from the audience.

I love this pig block so much that I am making one for me. Ditto on the Carmel block.

I love turquoise and it was fun to make this block. I just love the way it turned out.

The next one is a beauty. I bought the stripey fabric on a whim because it was so colorful. It was in with the halloween fabric. It was perfect when someone request orange in their block.

The last one was for someone who was collecting turtle blocks. I found this turtle in an old 60's coloring book that I have from when I was a child. My husband drew the face. He's the artist in the family.
Attached Thumbnails xdecember-2010-cjr.jpg   xapr-2011-mn-gramma.jpg   xjanuary-2011.jpg   xnovember-2011-dawn-spaulding.jpg   xoctober-2010-jetnica.jpg