Old 07-21-2012, 12:48 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Miriam, that's true in most cases! Most of my machines only have the aquisition memories attached tho... childhood memories are much more special. None of my grandkids live close enough for me to sew with them, so those kinds of memories are out for me...
We got out a Singer 99 - cleaned and oiled it with the 7 year old. She loved helping. I let her use the lint brush. Then I let her put one drop of oil on anything that moved. She had a blast. Then we put a balance wheel off a 66 on there and a hand crank. Kept the 5 year old very busy while we cleaned and oiled up another Singer 99. Miss M loves to clean machines. She comes to the right place... I'm thinking she will have some cool memories.

Even Wilbur got in the act. I have some short stubby screwdrivers he was looking at pretty intensely... then he would giggle - hint hint Grandma... This is the kid that wears a Bob the Builder hat anywhere he is allowed... (I found a Bob the Builder shirt for his next Birthday.) He's a huge fan. Tools fascinate him. He comes to the right place. I sent him outside. My tools are my tools - even the cute screwdrivers - ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr...