Old 07-22-2012, 01:23 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
I'll never complain when my hubby wants to go to a gun shop!! At one shop, the shop owner's mother brought in a Singer 401A for him to give to me. At some time my hubby had told them that I liked vintage sewing machines.
All I know about the 401's is the fact that they are a slant machine. I did download the manual for it, so I'll have to study that. Does anyone have any extra slant attachments they want to sell, also the cams for it? I just got the machine and the zigzag foot and one bobbin. I see that it is a 66 bobbin. Am I still better off using the 66 bobbins from sew classic than the ones that Singer has out? Any extra help on this machine will be appreciated. Thanks
Get the good bobbins from Sew-classic - she has attachments too. I'm thinking there should be some posts on the 401 here. You might find the disks on ebay. You'll like that 401. It will do a lot with out the disks so enjoy it that way until you get some. http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...t160607-2.html an old one...