View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 03:05 AM
redcardinal

Default book series set in the Shenandoah Mountains.......

Originally Posted by EllieGirl View Post
Quilting usually relaxes me. I had all these pla ns for this summer to make both of my daughters quilts, make Christmas gifts, and life changed. My daughter and her 4 year old and 16 month old sons moved in with us because she is getting divorced. I'm thrilled to have them here because they lived in MD and I saw them only a few times a year. However, I'm babysitting the kids to help her out. By the time I have some time to myself I just feel like sitting and reading! I want to quilt but just am not motivated.
Maybe enjoying quilting through books would be a good idea. I saw someone else's post mention that idea. There is a book series with a quilting theme running through them set in the Shenandoah Mountains. Some quilting friends I met at a retreat had mentioned them to me so I bought some of them the last time I was there. Two are by Emilie Richards..."Touching Stars" and "Sister's Choice". They are hard back. Another book, a paperback, I picked up is called "The Quilting Circle" and is a collection of short stories about quilting by 4 different authors. Lastly, "The Circle of Quilters" by Jennifer Chiaverini also paperback. I bought them new, read them once each but, doubt I will read them again. They are yours if you would like them. I would be happy to send them to you knowing they would go to someone who would enjoy them. Not sure how to get your address but, I guess that is a detail we figure out.