Old 07-22-2012, 04:27 AM
athenagwis

Originally Posted by Tothill View Post
Very new to this site and relatively new to quilting.

I have been looking at the various swaps and this one seems to be doable as far as the time frame goes. But of course I have a question.

Can I use Valentine colours (White, Red, Pink) and Valentine prints, but make simple blocks? 9 patch for example, I know I do not yet have the skill set to do paper piecing or anything really fancy.

Being that I am new to quilting I do not yet have a stash, so will be buying the fabrics for this swap. I want to know I can participate with simple squares before buying.
You can find some great Valentine fabrics and make some blocks from them. You do not have to do paper piecing. Swaps are a great time to try something new though and perhaps learn how to do something you didn't think you could do!! Maybe instead of picking a simple block you already know how to do, search around online for a block that pushes your skills one step further. You don't have to do this, but a lot of the skills I have to day were learned by pushing myself for swaps!! Let me know if you are interested in joining officially so I can add you to the list.

Cheers!
Rachel