View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 05:40 AM
Esqmommy

Star - I did a post a while back with my DJ fabrics. I'll look for it and give you a connection to the thread.

I have one warning on B/W quilts. I'm making one now, so it's not coming from a "bad" place...b/w quilts are very pretty, but much more difficult to make than you would ever imagine. Perhaps you are experienced, and this is not something you don't know. Sorry in advance if it is. Anyway, it is very easy for many of the whites to come out grey and washed out looking. Also, unless you know what you are doing, it's very easy to end up with just a bunch of b/w and little to unify what you are doing. Take a close look at a really well done b/w and it's way more going into than most of us put into other fabric choices.

So, that's my warning. I would hate to have you do a B/W quilt on something as challenging and time intensive as the DJ and end up with a quilt that is not spectacular...

I hope this doesn't sound like I know how to make perfect B/W quilts, because I don't. I am learning this lesson right now on my NY Beauty quilt and it's a good lesson. I wouldn't want to learn it on my DJ!!

okay,found my original thread: http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/23502.page

My colors are browns, reds/salmons/corals/cream/turquioise - hard to describe, except I know it when I see it!