Old 07-22-2012, 06:40 AM
BuffaloNickels

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor View Post
I have a 1903 White Rotary with the same hand hole coverinstead of the T shirt plate. they were made that way for only a few years. When they started making the T shirt plate, they became White Family Rotary. That is why there is not any letters in front of the serial number.My machine number is 78327 and as far as I can tell was made in 1903. You are very lucky to have the little hand cover. Usually they are lost over the years. I was given just the machine and one drawer as the cabinet was falling apart and the irons were used for a table base. In the drawer was the little Hand hole cover !! I have since found another correct cabinet for this machine, and it was missing the litttle cover. I have not finished the cabinet yet, but the machine is ready to go. Really nice find !!!
The correct name for your machine is a White Rotary (without the word Family)

Texas Jan
Oh! thank you so much for the information!

I spent all day yesterday just scrubbing and polishing the cabinet -it's in really good condition and it looks like I can just polish out the faint water rings in the shellac. I spent last night after the kids went to bed, cleaning the inside of the machine and it was REALLY REALLY clean. I couldn't get over how little dust/ lint/ oil residue was in her. Now to decide what to do about the iron.... I

love that Wilcox and Gibbs, BoJangles! What a beauty! Maybe I'll just try cleaning it first to see what they look like. Stove polish sounds like it would be a good choice. Lehmans carries it. I've never heard of Liquid Gold though - do Lowes/ Home Depot carry it?

http://www.lehmans.com/store/USA_Mad...lish___BSB#BSB