View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 09:03 AM
newbiequilter

Originally Posted by EllieGirl View Post
Thank you all so much for the words. It has been a huge adjustment. Things will get worse. My SIL beat the tar out of the four year old and there is a lot of emotional effects from that. I've suspected he has been hurting him for two years but never left marks. I'm a retired teacher and you learn behaviors kids develop when abused and he as had those. The pieces just weren't falling into place. He has a criminal trial in October and the best thing that could happen is for him to be sent to prison for several years. I know I am the most stable, positive person in their lives right now.
There should be counseling available for your grandson and probably your daughter. They (especially the boy) are victims of a crime. I know the abuse was in a different state but it would not hurt to check out what avenues are open to them. You might start with your local Victim-Witness office - it might be a branch of the Probation Dept. And you probably know some of the right people thru your previous employment. Best wishes and loads of prayers and good thoughts coming your way.