Old 07-22-2012, 09:07 AM
irishrose

Geez, nancia, I hope you mean water. I'm having the first procedure on the way to back surgery done tomorrow so I won't be drinking anything else today - oh, except pineapple juice and V-8 juice. Not that I do anyhow. I have bought the sulfite free wine I found yet. I'm sorry you've been shot down by your back problems again. I will pray that your back has a good trip so you can have a good trip. I can't wait for new Olivia pictures. I love one year olds.

Everose, you're doing the right thing with your mother. I assume the home is nearby so you can visit often. Your doll quilt is darling. Someday with I'll have time to play, but with such a large family, I always have a "have to" quilt in the works. The quilt of valor blocks are all done and three rows are together. My GS's b' day is Aug 12 and he leaves Aug 13 so it's not crunch time yet. Just so many app'ts out of town between my back and my ex-husband's cancer. His surgery is the 3rd.

I took yesterday off from everything, including controlling my food intake, but today is a new day. I will eat carefully and start cleaning the house. It's amazing how much two extra people track in. I did water and deadhead flowers, but I have at least another hour's work there. I think it's too hot right now - maybe not, there is a nice breeze.

Mim, do have the recipe for zucchini pie? Is it like a quiche? I love quiches and impossible pies made with Bisquick (they make a gluten free one now.)

Why do I have an urge to make split pea soup? That doesn't sound like summer food.

A little over a week to go to weigh in. I still want to lose two pounds, which is doable. Like nancia said, hang tight. We are losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy