View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 09:39 AM
Deb watkins

Default Civil War Block swap - One, Two Three

Civil War block swap opens Sunday, July 22, closes Sunday, September 9, blocks due Saturday, October 20th. Basic rules of swaps apply. 100% cotton fabric must be washed and dried. Please read the entire swap guidelines, you may want to make the sample blocks first before deciding to join. This is a 12 block swap. Unfinished size is 12.5. There are three blocks in this swap. All blocks are found on Quilterscache.com site. Star of Virginia, Shoo Fly, and Double T. Directions on how to make the blocks are clearly posted. In the next thread of this, I will give some tips I found to be helpful when I was making the blocks. Fabric should be of Civil War values. They are more muted, darker colors, with creams and beige, not white. Kansas Trouble, Barn Buggy, Wiliam Morris are a few samples. Google,or post a pic if you are not sure of your selection. You are to make 4 blocks of Star of Virginia. 4 blocks of Shoo Fly. 4 of Double T. You make use two color combination as shown on the QC site, or three if you so choose. All 4 blocks of the set MUST BE THE SAME. The three sets may be of different colors. When swapped out, I will send you one of each of your blocks back, with three different blocks - you will end up with 4 Shoo Fly - 4 Double T's, and 4 Star of Virginia. You may send me the blocks any way you want, please make sure you have your name, return address and BOARD NAME as well on the outside. I will return your blocks using the FRE bubble envelopes. Cost is $5.30. You may send stamps or $, which ever is best for you, as well as a return address label. PLEASE NOTE.....when sending your blocks, please separate them into individual baggies. It will make it much easier to sort/swap.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350632[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]350634[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]350635[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]350633[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_1990-480x640-.jpg   img_1995-480x640-.jpg   img_1996-480x640-.jpg   img_1997-480x640-.jpg  

Last edited by Deb watkins; 07-22-2012 at 09:44 AM.