View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Deb watkins

Okay - the swap is open. Here are a few tips I will pass along that make the blocks. In making the Star of Virgina. I used the no waste flying geese method. It is best described and shown if you look at Quilterscache.com and find the Martha Washington square. We ARE NOT USING mw SQUARE IN THE SWAP. It is only showing how to make the no waste flying geese if you prefer to do it that way instead of placing squares on the rectangle. For the Double T's....the directions show cutting squares then cutting them from corner to corner. I prefer to cut the squares, place the other color on top, diagonal line corner to corner, and sew that (again) dreaded scant 1/4 inch on either side, cut on the line and press open. With the Double T's.....it is much easier if you press each seam OPEN. The block will lay much flatter and look neater. Star of Virginia and Shoo Fly are very easy and quick to make. I suggest you do your Double T's when you are not tired (ask me why I suggest that ). I posted all the fabric I purchased to give you a good idea of the color values for this swap. The three blocks I made are just a suggestion for block colors. If you have any questions, please ask! If signing up, please post on this thread, as well as pm-ing me. Posting on this thread lets everyone know who is participating - pm's give me a accurate list.