Old 07-22-2012, 03:31 PM
moonwork42029

Default Finished top from Boomerang 6 - Winter group

See -- some people really do finish up making their tops from the boomerang swaps. (Okay, so this is just one that I have managed to finish...the others are "calling" me )

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350696[/ATTACH]

Here's my 82 yr old Dad doing his best Vanna White impression (don't think she has to worry too much about her job though).

I made 12 of the blocks to finish up so I could have enough for a queen size (about 82 x 100 give or take) top. The fabric I used for the swap was the green floral that I also used in the final border. I had asked everyone to try and use just the colors/shades in the fabric so there weren't any clashing prints or colors. I think everyone did great with their colors.

As a special note
--if you notice some blocks have "teeny" borders around them, it is because the person that made the block in the exchange did not send a true 12.5" block and I had to add fabric to them so they would square up correctly. If you are in an exchange / swap -- please please take extra time and caution to be sure your blocks are the correct size before you mail them off. It's better for them to be a little bit oversized than undersized by all means, in my humble opinion.
Attached Thumbnails dscn0436.jpg