View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 06:48 PM
lalaland

Originally Posted by momto5 View Post
I have a problem with lifting as well; but I don't take any classes so my lifting problems are confined to such mundane issues as "how do I get the groceries into the house???" One thing I did was to purchase one of those carriers that look like wheeled luggage; I load it up from the car, drag it up my six outside steps, and then collapse into my house. A few times of that and I am really considering the merits of adopting a couple of teenage boys! Actually, it works well and I imagine some form of that might work for you guys as well. Like a friend of mine just said, "Getting old is NOT for wimps!" You might also look at one of the boards that allows you to load say, a lawnmower into the back of a truck...that might help as well. As to how you get it out of the van, are there not any younger people or other help you could get?
I couldn't carry my old Brother to classes anymore either so I did the same as above. I got one of those carriers that look like they are for luggage. Then I purchased a lighter weight machine, a Janome Gem Platinum.