Old 07-23-2012, 03:22 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Default Feathers and hearts and diamonds baby quilt

Sunshine 666 made this very special baby quilt. It is for her first grandchild. I quilted both of her daughter's wedding quilts last year and a new baby is already on the way!

As a LAQ when I see loads of white on white or prints that "read" solid I practically start salivating like pavlov's dog. I quilted this cute little quilt yesterday but the lighting in my house is no good for photos after the sun has set. Sunshine gave me carte Blanche to quilt however I wanted and as soon as I saw this pretty littl quilt I saw feathers in the white and hearts in the center. The border did not speak to me so quickly so I decided to start quilting the center and see if the border would whisper its secrets to me. Sure enough after getting half the center quilted, I stepped away and saw the border needed something to tie it to the center and little squares on point would fit the bill so I treated the top and bottom border like it was two seperate borders. it was twice as wide as the side borders so I did squares on point all around then carried the feather/heart motif to the very top and bottom.

I used glide thread and W&N batting. May this quilt bring comfort and warmth to Sunshine's new little grand daughter.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350771[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]350777[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]350772[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]350773[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]350775[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350770[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc03463.jpg   dsc03480.jpg   dsc03470.jpg   dsc03472.jpg   dsc03481.jpg  

dsc03476.jpg  

Last edited by feline fanatic; 07-23-2012 at 03:25 AM.