Old 07-23-2012, 03:53 AM
meanmom

Everose I know it is a really hard decision but you have lived it and you know what is best. She will have friends and activities in the memory unit. You do not need to ruin your health caring for her. Visit often and know in your heart that you did the best for your mom.
Nancia cold blueberry soup sounds good. I don't know the recipe but I substitute fat free half and half for heavy cream in most things with good success. Also fat free sour cream for regular and Splenda for sugar. I love cold soups but I never seem to make them.
I helped my youngest DD move into a house near college campus with her friends. It is awful what they charge these kids in rent. They house is in such bad shape. The whole thing is crooked. The floors are so wavy you feel drunk walking around. Lots of things not working right. THe owner claims he will fix them when they give him a list. I sure hope so or he will be hearing form some pretty pissed parents. Man was it hot there. I hung curtains, put shelves in the closet and did some cleaning. the bathtub was so dirty they ended up cleaning it with oven cleaner. They will work until they get it in shape. They plan on demanding a rent rebate for all of the cleaning they had to do. I only saw it after a lot of cleaning and it was still gross. We had pizza for dinner. It was delicious, some kind of gourmet pizza. I would hate to know how many calories I ate.
Off to Zumba class now