Old 07-23-2012, 06:06 AM
sguillot

Default I signed up for a Judy Neimeyer Class, did I bit off more than I can chew?

I was at one of my LQS Saturday morning and one of the local quilt guilds was selling raffel tickets for a beautiful Judy Neimeyer quilt made by the ladies in the quild. Of course I bought tickets. The other LQS has a certified teacher so after I left there I went and there is a new class starting this Saturday for that very quilt. It is the wedding ring star. I signed up for it and now I am worried that is may be to hard for me. There are 3 classes about a month a part and 5 hours long. I thought it would be good for me to do something that would be challenging and so beautiful. The first class is this Saturday 9 to 3. I bought the pattern and am trimming the papers. She said you can use 2 1/2" pre cuts which I plan to do mainly because of accuracy. Some of the ladies that have taken the class said it's not hard just challenging. So I am hoping I will stick with it and finish the quilt. I am thinking of doing black, white and red. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? Have you taken the class and now can you do it on your own. Thanks for your suggestions and support.