View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 07:42 AM
Deborahlees

Originally Posted by Gramie bj View Post
Measure the long arm, add a min. of 6 foot in length and wideth. this will give you a 3 foot walk space around the machine. My sewing area is the size of a 1 car garage. and is not big enough for my LA and everything else I have! LOL LA is in a seprate room with part of my stash. I have a min. of 2 machines set up at any given time. I figure I need at least 3 foot around any place I need to walk or roll my chair. DH built me counters the full lenth of the room on both sides I use part of it for my cutting table. I built myself a ironing pad that fits of the counter to. They are both mobil so I can move them anywhere or slide them behind a cabnet completly out of the way.Everything above the counter is open shelves filled with baskets, under the counter is sets of kitchen drawers and a couple of lg open spaces for storing anything large. As much storage as I have it is still cramped in there. Wish it were a 2 car garage size! LOL
I once had a kitchen the size of a two car garage....my oh my talk about wonderful !!!!