Old 07-23-2012, 08:25 AM
Friday1961

Default Your suggestions for backing this R&W sampler?

Here is a red and white sampler quilt top I've just finished (by the way, I'm not happy with the red border; should have made it much wider. But I'm tired of working on this quilt and AM NOT ABOUT to take those borders off and replace them! This photo makes the white appear cream colored but it's the lighting and my poor photography. The white is a true white, a Kona fabric). Second photo is two backing choices. The solid red would be striking I think if quilted with white thread. Or I could insert a single block in the center, which might be interesting It's the same red fabric as in the blocks. I like the red and white stripe but frankly the fabric quality is not as good as the solid red. Another choice could be the red background white flowers print (3rd photo) if only I had more of it! Jo-Ann's no longer has it and I can't find it online...the selvedge on the bit I have left has no information on it.

So what think ye? Solid red, stripe, or should I go with a totally new fabric, such as red and white polka dots or a new red and white floral? Or keep searching for the fabric in the sample? I'm not interested in introducing a third color, so it has to be only red and white. Thank you for your suggestions and ideas![ATTACH=CONFIG]350824[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]350823[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]350822[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails red-white-quilt-fabric-sample-006.jpg   red-white-quilt-fabric-sample-007.jpg   red-white-quilt-fabric-sample-008.jpg   red-white-quilt-fabric-sample-005.jpg