Old 07-23-2012, 09:15 AM
AlienQuilter

Default School starts soon - time to buy more quilting supplies!

It's amazing what we can buy for our quilt studios from the school supplies. I just bought 3 glue sticks for 25 cents and a pencil sharpener with both large and small holes - I'm going to keep it with my chalk pencils.

Last year I bought several see through school boxes in different colors. Makes great little project boxes. I have one just for applique with applique scissors, needles, pins etc. plus small pin cushion. Couple of years ago I was able to buy pencil boxes for about 10 cents each - great for rotary cutters. Few years ago I bought a small plastic 3 drawer container with a place on top for for misc items. I keep my nice needle threader on top with a thimble. Little drawers are just the right size to store needles for both hand sewing and machine. Have a pencil organizer that I have my scissors and fabric markers in.

Notebooks, binders, folders, clear plastic inserts all great buys right now. Great way to keep track of projects.

Who else shops in the school supply area for sewing, quilting supplies? If so, what do you find that's useful?