View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 10:51 AM
yayaquilts

Hi everyone!! So I started this thread because this year long BOM looked like it would be fun and since it goes for an entire year I figured that was an easy pace to keep up on without too much pressure. Funny!!! I got so busy and had two surgeries and fell far behind!! I am well now--and back in the swing of sewing and quilting.

While on vacation, I've been doing some much needed catch-up! I have made my blocks for March through July and thought I would finally share them with you all!! Most of my blocks were taken from Eleanor Burns quilt books, Victory Quilts or Quilt Blocks on American Barns.

I was having trouble deciding what fabrics to use for this BOM and then I happened to find two of Michael Miller's OOH LA LA fabrics(the fabric line Megan is using on QuiltStory)and my choice was made!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]350852[/ATTACH]
My March 9 Patch--"Cups and Saucers Block"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]350853[/ATTACH]
My April Block-HST-"Saw Toothed Star"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350854[/ATTACH]
My May Hourglass Block - "Broken Sugar Bowl"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350855[/ATTACH]
My June Flying Geese Block

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350856[/ATTACH]
My July Rounded Block-"Broken Wheel Block"

And just in time for September's paper pieced block, Patricia Faye is doing a Paper Pieced quilt along!! What fun!!

Sorry the colors in my pictures aren't true! My fabrics really blend well-mostly pink accents with a bit of red.
Attached Thumbnails 9-patch.jpg   hst.jpg   hourglass.jpg   flying-geese.jpg   rounded.jpg  

Last edited by yayaquilts; 07-23-2012 at 10:57 AM.