Old 07-23-2012, 02:23 PM
QultingaddictUK

I live on the Isle of Anglesey, yes where Kate and William live, in North Wales UK and I give FOC Patchwork lessons in one of the local Community halls, and I am only one of about 12 - 20 Groups/Lessons ongoing here on the Island, and I know the reason why my little group is so popular. The major reason is the RECESSION, I am teaching my ladies how to use the hidden away forgotten Sewing machines which is saving them so much money.

As it tell them the one thing you need to know with quilting is how to sew a straight line and seam, which is all that curtains and dressmaking is! One of my ladies hadn't touched a sewing machine before last September and now is setting up a little local home business and her partner is backing her 100% in fact all the husbands are backing the ladies as they see the benefits of it. The pleasure of quilting gives their creative talents an outlet and of course answers all of their Christmas/Birthday etc. presents. I have taught them how to shop wisely and how to make a lot of use of local Charity shops and they are all becoming firm quilting addicts

Our local recycling outlets are doing a great trade in older sewing machines and I am kept busy in checking them over and giving them a new future, yes quilting is getting a huge resurgence here in the UK and I am proiud to be a little part of it.