Old 01-27-2008, 08:40 AM
june6995

HI Karla,
I have to chime in here. I love ladders, too. One really neat one we used to make a plant hanging rack on our deck. It was weather-beaten and rough so hubby made a frame and it went up on top. I could hang all of my hanging baskets of plants out there in the summer. WE left it out all the time and eventually the weather, and weight of heavy flower baskets took it's toll and it broke. But it sure was a nice addiction to the deck.

I have the promise of a ladder for my sewing room. I want to have it made wider than a regular ladder, since I have one small wall that would be perfect for a ladder. I plan to hang the quilt tops as I get them finished before quilting. I have a nice closet (in my new sewing room) and I have a lot of things hung in there. I also want to hang the sheets I use for backing. I have them all measured and tagged so when I am ready to assemble a quilt, I go to the closet. But hangers are narrow and I want something wide in which to spread them out.

I have seen some places on line where you can get patterns for making ladders, but since I have an experienced carpenter, he can build just about whatever I need. (today he took my car to get it washed, so I baked a Quiche for when he gets home and a cherry pie for later. Does that sound like a good pay-off? I am sure the ladder require a bigger effort in the kitchen. Maybe homemade bread?)

June