Old 07-23-2012, 05:41 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by PBobbin13 View Post
Hello. I am cleaning up a beautiful lady I've dubbed Madame Martha after the woman who gifted me with this beautiful machine. It's an Eldredge improved model B treadle. So far have mostly worked on her finish which is coming to life after lots of elbow grease. I finally was able to get the head lifted up to search for treasure in the belly of the cabinet - and found two more bobbins giving me a total of five. They need to be cleaned with Brasso but I'm excited to have found them. One spot on the bottom is frozen up that controls the stitch length selector but I'll get it free. Everything else works smoothly. I'm fairly new to this board and wonder if the pictures of these old beauties are in the pictures section or somewhere within this section. The Eldredge was originally made in Chicago, then merged with the June Co. (maker of the Jennie June treadle) and after 1890 became the National Sewing Machine Co. which then became New Home and eventually became Janome. Very interesting history. Thanks for directing me to pictures of old machines.
This post was from 7/15/2012

Today PBobbin13 sent me a PM. This is a copy of the PM:
" Today, 05:54 PM
PBobbin13

Member Join DateSep 2010LocationMississippiPosts8

[h=2]Eldredge[/h]
Hi. My name is Barb and I am the owner of the old Eldredge. Your stitch length selector raises much higher than mine which tells me something is still frozen inside somewhere. But I'll put that Liquid Wrench to it and get it working yet, even if I have to take it completely apart. I've not posted often to the board and couldn't remember where I posted my message. Love getting old. I'd be happy to send you pictures to your private email as I'm not exactly sure how to post them or where to post them here. Have you located a patent impression on the cabinet just below the hand wheel? Mine is 1901. I really want to get this beauty humming again. I got most of the rust off with Brasso and elbow grease and old knit tighty whities that belonged to my husband. I was able to get a manual online for a model newer than this with a complete parts list. Felt very lucky to find it.

Stay in touch.

Barb Pampel
N/E Mississippi"

Barb, I'm sorry but I do NOT give out my private email. So you can't be sending me any pictures to my private email, I don't care how old or sweet you are. You seemed to have no difficultly navigating around before and posting pictures to the Quilting Board. I checked your info.

I'm willing to help all, but PLEASE just post the questions on this thread and not to my QBpm. Thank you.