Old 07-24-2012, 04:24 AM
Vanogay

Have so enjoyed the banter back and forth. Didn't have much to add, so until today, didn't sign in. Need to evey so often, though to let you know I am lurking! Have been watching the diet, but not as good as I should. Had spare ribs last night with boiled cabbage - doesn't sound so good this morning, but it was good. Neighbor brought me HUGH head of cabbage and I cut up one half. Guess I'll make cole slaw with another part of it and then???? Have no recipes for cabbage that will keep for another week or so. Hubby is good about eating whatever I put on the table, but cabbage or zukks or tomatoes day after day after day gets to him. I could eat tomatoes with every meal. I have a recipe for a eggplant pie - I'm going to try it, but mixing eggplant, zucchini and crookneck along with a mirliton (here in Tennessee, they call this a chayote squash - in Louisiana its mirliton or alligator pear). I'll let you know how this turns out.
Everose, I'll keep you in my prayers with your mom. I know how hard that is, but it's for the best - and gets her the best care, too. Pam, good luck with little ones - and Irishrose, prayers to you for your surgery and healing.
Take care eveyone and eat healthy.