Thread: Mentor needed
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 06:41 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
Default Mentor needed

I need one person who is willing to mentor me. I started quilting in 1992, but gave it up and started again 2 years ago. I have too many UFOs. Too too many. I have lots of questions about piecing my quilts. I need someone who could be helpful and cheer me on and maybe get me off my bum and start sewing and catch me up with my sewing. I haven't sewn a lick in two weeks. I don't even bind my own quilts. I need someone to help me want to bind them. Things like that is why I need a sponsor.
12 step programs have sponsors and sponsors help the new people straighten out and learn the program but really the sponsors get so much out of helping the new person. I'm thinking that this would help someone with a lot of time and experience. By helping me and prodding me, you will prod yourself and get you to learn new things and sew more.
I don't need someone to coax me everyday. Maybe once every week or two. Maybe answer questions once a week.
I know we have the board for this, but it would be nice to have one person to trust who I know would know where I was in my projects and what kind of projects I have and how much I know about quilting. It would be nice to be able to trust them with my lack of knowledge and not be embarrassed what I don't know. I wouldn't become a pest. It might be that after a month or two, we might become friends and I won't be such a pain anymore.
Anyone out there want to do this?