Old 07-24-2012, 07:21 AM
irishrose

Vanogay, back in the 70s, we made a cabbage salad with a boiled vinegar and sugar dressing. It had to sit in the fridge overnight, but it kept for weeks if it lasted that long. I can probably scrounge up a recipe if you're interested. Don't be hesitant to post. Our lives effect our weight gain or loss and sometimes it's nice to have some caring listeners. I love your interesting squash names. BTW, thank you for the well wishes. No surgery scheduled yet. It's a long process with this one. Plus, I haven't had an answer on my return to mobility - who's going to walk my dogs? Much as I hate dog hair around, I can't live alone without them and rehoming 7 and 5 year old mutts isn't easy, anyway.

I didn't do well eating yesterday. The position I had to be in for the procedure left me with a sore neck and headache. When I hurt, I eat. I swear it goes back to being an underweight child - my mother made me eat so I wouldn't become thinner - besides, I was born with a high metabolism from an overactive thyroid and ate huge amounts to start with. Too bad my thyroid burned itself out and took away my ability to eat a lot without gaining. That's my excuse.

Back to the GS's quilt today. I had to do a lot of frog sewing yesterday, so I quit. Ribbit, ribbit, rippit. Does anyone bit by the quilting bug keep up on their mending? I have several things in a rocking chair that need attention, but are being neglected.

I wonder what this week taboo will be? I didn't earn a gold star last week. My guests had some loaded baked potato chips and I finished the bag after they left. Only a few, but still fried food, plus they have sulfites in them so I should have pitched them.

Our farmer's market is Tuesday and Friday, but I may not go. The prices aren't as good as a local farm market who isn't allowed to participate as she sells some non Michigan items in her store. Picky, picky. Besides, there is a nursery owner who has some lovely flowers and I really don't need any more so maybe it's best I get my zucchini at the commercial marker.

Dinner out with #1 daughter tonight. What sounds good? Nothing without a road trip. Okay, enough rambling. Off to water flowers and deadhead some more. When you get behind, it's hard to catch up.

I am losing weight and getting healthier. Am I going to be my desired 2 pounds down on the 31th???
Eat clean, drink your water and move your body. It got to a humid 97 here yesterday, so we walked pretty late, but we did it. My bouncy furgirls don't care, though they do slow down a little sooner.