Old 07-24-2012, 07:34 AM
Nancy in Louisiana

Krystyna -- unzip it. Nothing wrong with what you said. We all like to see and hear about what's being swapped. I get excited for recipients and also get ideas when I see all the handmade goodies. It's a "Why didn't I think of that?", "What a great idea!", or "I really like that" sort of thing. That and just being nosey. I like to know my recipient appreciates the time, money, and thought I put into my packages enough to at least acknowledge it -- isn't that just plain courtesy?

Thanx for the compliment on my furbaby -- Fiona is a rescue. Dumped off at a vet's office at nite, hairless and put into a shoebox with eyes barely opened. She has her issues caused by her early "puppyhood" and questionable parentage, but can still make me laugh at times. She's just another reminder of irresponsible pet owners (and breeders).

I think the heat has everyone wiped out. Everything I try to do takes extra effort. Afternoon siestas are becoming the norm in my life. Between that and vacation plans, I'm sure that's why things seem "subdued". I'm saddened by all the health problems out there and urge y'all to take care of yourselves, think positive thoughts, and know there are many thinking of you and hoping you feel better soon.

Try to stay cool (and for those down here in the south, try to stay dry).