Thread: Tangle Mess!
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 07:48 AM
Robinlee

I've come upon this several times..............I finally figured out, that I wash it to long. In the last year, I discovered if I fill the machine with hot water on regular/permanent cycle (because my gentle cylcle doesn't allow "hot" water), then I change it to the gentle cycle for the washing, I have "LESS" tangle mess, and usually have NO tangled mess. The other thing in this endeavor is that I when I am prewashing Batik's this way, I usually run twice, due to color bleeding.

Last night I pre-washed 5 yds of White diaper flannel that I used for backing fabric also, 90" wide x 5 yds. by doing the above steps, I had NO tangled mess in washer, then I shook out for dryer and no tangled mess there either. So these steps do work.

This was a learning process for me.

Originally Posted by teddysmom View Post
I'm a newbie and I learned that all fabric should be washed before cutting and sewing. Did that and my material came out a tangled mess. Had to get scissors and snip out tangles from one material to another. What should I have done? Any suggestions or is this a common problem?